Sunday, April 25, 2010

Smells Like Blog


I don't really know how or where to start, here, seeing as I've never had a blog to call my own. This is a strange, new experience for me, and to be completely honest I'm not even sure where this sudden urge to create one came from. I've been toying with the idea for a few days, and I suppose I just now decided to act upon it.

Every blog (every blog worth reading, anyway) needs an overall theme or point to it, whether it be to record events that occur in your personal life or to share your poetry or story-writing with whoever wants to read it. My blog will be the former; that is, I'll be using it to chronicle my personal life. I don't intend to just make this an angsty online journal where I can talk about how miserable being a teenager is and how oppressive society is towards me. I intend to make this an angsty online journal where I can talk about how miserable being a teenager is and how oppressive society is towards me while working towards my greatest goal in life: to become famous.

Fame is one of those things that no "ordinary" human being is capable of and is impossible, like winning the lottery or being the popular kid at school, which I have always thought of as absolute nonsense. Honestly, how do people think Brad Pitt became a famous movie star? Did the doctors etch a little label onto his butt when he was born saying "SPECIAL"? Lemme tell you a little something about Brad Pitt that you can Google for yourself if you don't believe me: one of his first ever jobs was dancing in a chicken suit. Tom Cruise? He didn't even want to be an actor; he wanted to be a priest.

My point is that you're only ordinary if you choose to remain ordinary, which I simply refuse to do. Call me crazy, call me stupid (I've been called both), but I assure you that I'm not gonna let myself be "an average guy". Now that I've explained my intentions in an unnecessarily long introduction, I should move on to the boring part where I give you information about myself that you really don't care about.

I am an actor whose name is Edwin Huertas Jr, but people generally call me Eddie. I have an extremely Hispanic-sounding name, but I'm only half Puerto-Rican, my other half being Belgian (when people ask what I am I tell them I'm "Belgiarican"). I live in an invisible, poop-flavored city known as Florence Alabama with dad(whom I will refer to as Dad) and Michelle (my stepmom), as well as my two brothers (Corey and Felix) and my two dogs (Rocky and Duchess III).

As for what I plan on doing with my life...well, that's actually something I can't really give a straight answer on. Ever since I was a wee lad that loved nothing more than the breeze between his legs as he ran through his house stark naked, I've wanted to do something that would leave people in awe of my creativity and success. I've wanted to be an entertainer all my life. At one point, I wished to be a writer, and at another a comedian. Right now, I am (as I've already said) and actor trying to get somewhere in a place where it's more about luck and favoritism than actual skill. But I digress...

Throughout my life, passions have come and gone, but there's always been two things about my future that I've always been certain of, and that I know I'm meant to do.

One: I want to entertain for a living.

Two: I am going to be famous.